To nominate a fursuit for this year's tournament. Please send an e-mail to fursuitfracas(at)gmail(dot)com listing all the fursuits you wish to nominate.
- There is no limit to the number of fursuits you can submit.
- For every fursuit that you own that you nominate, you must nominate at least one more that you do not own.
- The number of fursuits in the tourney per owner is 6. If any owner has more than 6 suits nominated, we will ask him which 6 he would like to see in the tourney.
When submitting a fursuit for nomination, please include the following information.
- Name of the fursuit
- Owner of the fursuit
- Picture of the fursuit (minimum of 100x100, maximum of 800x600, shots of the fursuit in action or posing for the camera are the best)
- Contact information of the owner (e-mail address preferred, we will accept AIM or Yahoo accounts as well though, so long as the owner uses them regularly)
- Builder of the fursuit (Optional, but very helpful)
- Video of the fursuit (Optional, but very helpful for our judges who wish to vote based on the performance of fursuits they haven't seen in person)
The definition of a fursuit is as follows: A non-human costume, owned by a person who is associated with the furry fandom, that completely covers the wearer.
Since clothing does technically cover the wearer, partials are encouraged along with full body fursuits. I understand there is no provisions for copyrighted characters. You may nominate fursuits of copyrighted characters, however, we will not hesitate to pull a fursuit from the tournament if the owner(s) of the copyright character ask us to.
If you are afraid you are forgetting a fursuit or two, you can try looking through the Fursuit Database for a refresher.
If you can't find a picture of the fursuit or don't know who built it, I encourage that you ask the owner. Most of us love talking about our fursuits. If anyone wants to suggest websites they run for pictures, please do. I will bring traffic.
If you need help looking for fursuit videos, try the fursuit_videos community.
On top of expanding the definition of a fursuit, we also expanded the nomination period. You have until Wednesday, April 2 to nominate your favorite fursuit(s) into this year's tournament.
Iif you are a fursuit owner and do not wish for a specific fursuit or any fursuit you own to take part in this tournament, you may e-mail us at fursuitfracas(at)gmail(dot)com to state your wishes or just reply to this entry. You have until Saturday, May 3 to withdraw a fursuit that you own from the tournament.
Finally, several people, usually because of real life issues, were unaware of updates and new face-offs posted to the tournament. Well, I have a solution for those who regret missing a couple of polls last year or want to avoid missing any this year, track this community. By clicking on that link, you can choose which updates you get and exactly how you are updated. This way, you don't ever have to miss a poll. Neat, eh? :)
And as always, you may reply to this entry if you have any questions or comments. Once, again, let me remind everyone the e-mail address to send nominations to is fursuitfracas(at)gmail(dot)com. Thank you ladies and gentlemen, and good luck! ^_^