Last-minute updates all this week delayed the release of these names. A total of 521 nominations were received for more than the 384 suits listed, but 43 nominations were turned down by the owners of the suits that opted out of the competition. We did contact every owner by either email or private message on LJ/FA/AIM, and received enough responses back confirming our best efforts were not in vain.
Currently the boss (or more precisely his computer) is randomly generating the matchups for the competition, which will hopefully be done within the next 24 hours. However, since we've got a new format, I've been asked to go over some of the rules:
- There will be 24 double-elimination groups (A thru X) of 16 suits each. There will be no Preliminary Round like past years since every competitor will have a first-round matchup.
- Winners of the first round will face-off in the second round, with four suits advancing to the single-elimination bracket.
- Runners-up in the first round will face-off in the survival round, with the winners advancing to face-off against the runners-up from the second round. Four more suits will thus advance to the single-elimination bracket.
- Polls for the double-elimination brackets will only last for two days rather than the usual three.
- The 16 regions of the single-elimination bracket will be seeded with some byes into the regional quarterfinal round.
- Polls for the first four rounds of the single-elimination bracket will last for the standard three days. Once the regional champions have been crowned, polls and rounds will last for one week.
If there are any glaring errors in the list, please let us know immediately, either by commenting on this entry or PMing me or one of the other staff members.