There have been some changes around these parts lately. Here's just a quick rundown to keep you updated.
- The tournament has become exclusively opt-in. This means that the only nominations we will be accepting will be coming from the fursuit owners themselves. In other words, only self-nominations will be accepted.
- Each owner will be allowed no more than Four (4) fursuits in this year's tournament.
- Following this year's tournament, we will only be having the tournament once every two years. 2013 will be the next edition of the FFFF.
To nominate a fursuit for this year's tournament:
- Please send an e-mail to fursuitfracas(at)gmail(dot)com listing all the fursuits you wish to nominate.
- Owners may only nominate up to four of their own fursuits.
When submitting a fursuit for nomination, please remember to include the following required information:
- Name of the fursuit
- Owner of the fursuit (RL name preferred but character name is okay)
- Picture of the fursuit (minimum of 100x100, maximum of 800x600, shots of the fursuit in action or posing for the camera are the best)
- Best contact information (ie, preferred email address, AIM screenname, Yahoo account, Skype, Twitter, FA, Inkbunny, etc)
The following information is optional but very helpful and highly recommended:
- Builder of the fursuit
- Video of the fursuit (highly recommended) *
What defines a fursuit:
- For the purposes of this showcase, the definition of a fursuit is as follows: "A non-human costume, owned by a person who is associated with the furry fandom, that completely covers the wearer." Since clothing does technically cover the wearer, partials are encouraged along with full body fursuits.
- This year, we encourage you to contact the fursuit owners if you want to see a particular suit in the tournament. The only way fursuits will appear in this year's edition will be for their owners to contact us. So you can help out by letting the owners know that you want them to participate!
If you are afraid you are forgetting a fursuit or two, you can try looking through the Fursuit Database for a refresher.
- If you need help looking for fursuit videos, try the fursuit_videos community.
- If you missed out on polls or results from the previous tourneys, try tracking the community. By clicking on that link, you can choose which updates you get and exactly how you are updated.
- The Fracas now has a Twitter account! Follow FFFFTourney or look for #FFFF2011 tags on other tweets.
- You have until Friday, April 15th at 23:59 EDT to nominate your favorite fursuit(s) into this year's tournament.
As always, you may reply to this entry if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or other requests. Once again, let me remind everyone the e-mail address to send nominations to is fursuitfracas(at)gmail(dot)com. Thank you ladyfurs and gentlefurs, and good luck! ^_^
*We do accept videos of each fursuit in this tournament. When submitting a video, try to keep it at a reasonable length -- no one wants to watch a 9-minute fursuit parade video only to catch the nominated suit for 3 seconds. Also, many of our judges vote while at work, so please make sure the video is work-safe. Some good ideas for videos to submit should include the nominated fursuit in action during fursuit games, variety show skits, or just dancing. These are not limitations, just suggestions.